The WISE Communications Committee works closely with the WISE Director and Council to ensure members and others in the central Massachusetts area are
- informed about recent and future WISE activities. Its communication vehicles
- also serve to provide items of continuing education to all.
- The committee chair is appointed by the WISE President for a two-year position, with an option for a further two-year extension.
- The committee consists of WISE members in good standing in accordance with the WISE by-laws. They are selected by the committee chair.
- The number of members on the committee is left to the discretion of the chair.
- The committee chair reports to the Council.
- Produce regular publication of the WISE President’s Blog, Technology Blog, and the monthly WISE Bulletin September through May each year.
- Provide WISE related content and items of continuing education for social media, such as Facebook.
- Produce a photographic record of WISE events to post on Facebook and/or in the monthly Bulletin.
- Oversee WISE website postings and content.
- Assist other committees and the WISE office by reviewing and editing documents.
- Work collaboratively with other WISE committees, particularly with the organization’s outreach efforts.
Expectations of Committee Members
- Meet once a month (or as needed) to identify tasks needed for the publication of the monthly Bulletin.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Work with other committee members in an atmosphere that is open to suggestions and to creative thinking.